We’re hiring a new Fundraising Executive to join our team!
We’re looking for a full-time Fundraising Executive (community/event based fundraising and support fundraising admin). The fundraiser will ensure that fundraising activity is implemented and managed locally to deliver targets and increase income in line with the 2017 budgets and strategies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work alongside the Fundraising Team and CEO to achieve the overall annual target.
- Ensuring the delivery of local fundraising plans and activities.
- To ensure that local fundraising activities run effectively.
- To assist colleagues with national and region events and activities.
- To respond to enquiries from the public, volunteers, fundraisers etc.
- To recruit and work with fundraising volunteers.
- To attend fundraising and information events, giving presentations as needed.
- To work within national FB policies, procedures and to adhere to legal frameworks.
- To handle cash, banking, acknowledging and receipting income in liaison with Fundraising Manager.
- To undertake administrative duties as required including management of Garda permits and public liability insurance
- To act in the best interests of FB, carrying the case for support and acting as an ambassador for Fighting Blindness in line with our vision and mission.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time and working as an integrated team member.
This position requires a self-motivated and target driven individual who is creative and has an understanding of the sensitivities of the environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in fundraising and/or events.
- A third level qualification.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Demonstrable ability to achieve set targets/goals with strong organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience in building and managing key relationships and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent IT skills (including use of Microsoft Excel)
- Knowledge and experience of databases (preference for Raiser’s Edge)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- An understanding of budgets, finance and fundraising.
- The ability to negotiate and influence people.
- Direct marketing experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media.
- Good attention to detail, in particular accuracy in written work and data processing.
- Positive attitude, particularly to learning new tasks and skills and being adaptable to change.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Results focused.
- Willing to work outside of contracted hours when needed – occasional evening/weekend events.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to Emma Morgan: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30th January, 5pm. Interviews will take place between 8th and 10th of February 2017.
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact Emma on 01 6789004 or email@example.com
Salary: €25,000-€28,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Starting date: March 2017
Holidays: 24 days
Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunities employer.