We’re hiring a Fighting Blindness Research Manager
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time
Starting date: March 2017
Holidays: 24 days
Fighting Blindness seeks to employ a full time Research Manager to join the executive team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Research Manager will oversee the research department with responsibility for the development of the research portfolio, external and internal project management, budgets, strategy development and implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall management of Fighting Blindness funded research grants and proposal calls
• Management of Research budget
• Engage with funding agencies in relation to new grant streams and funding proposals
• Coordination and main contact point for the Fighting Blindness international Medical & Scientific Advisory Board
• Development of relationships with Fighting Blindness scientists; act as point of contact between researchers and charity
• Work with relevant stakeholders to facilitate expansion of Target 5000 project
• Presentation of findings of research activities to board for internal review purposes
• Presentation of research at national/international meetings
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the scientific literature and monitoring new developments in vision research
• Preparation of research news updates for external communications such as newsletter and website.
Development of Research Portfolio
• Continually update knowledge and understanding in the field to inform research activity
• Identify future sources of funding and provide assistance with preparing bids to funding bodies and contribute to securing of funds for research
• Represent the research department at internal and external meetings
• Development of Fighting Blindness policies relating to research
• Support the advocacy functions of the organisation around research as required
Participate in Management Team
• Act as a member of the Fighting Blindness management team
• Assist with the strategic development of the charity
• Management of the Fighting Blindness Research department
• Educated to PhD level within the field of biomedical sciences
• Excellent knowledge of university structures and clinical research environment
• Minimum of two years managing teams and workloads
• Self-motivated with a high level of organisational ability, accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to travel as required.
• Enthusiasm for the overall vision of Fighting Blindness
Salary is dependent on experience.
Position based in Fighting Blindness office, 7 Ely Place, Dublin 2.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their CV and cover letter to Anna Moran, Fighting Blindness, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 10, 2017.
Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunities employer.